Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Aftermarket Warranty for VS - What do you reckon?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 6th January 2010 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Aftermarket Warranty for VS - What do you reckon?

Hi Paul,

Hope you had a good Xmas/New Year and thanks for as always being the first to reply!

I'm with WarrantyWise at the moment actually (soon to run out) and if I renewed with them, but bumped up my policy to cover real Wear & Tear, MoT/Service, Sat Nav & CD changer etc and main Renault dealer rates, they've quoted me about 800, so double, and whenever I've referred to their wording for various parts, they never seem to be covered. But if you're finding WarrantyWise to be good, I'm really glad and respect that and thanks for pointing out they go up to 70k miles. Warranty Direct seem to cover 90% of parts costs and 100% labour costs above 60k miles.

I've read loads of good and bad things about both Warranty Direct and WarrantyWise, so my mental battle is whether to get a policy at all, considering 400-800 isn't pocket money. My wife didn't bother getting a warranty for her 56 plate Seat when it the manufacturer one expired recently and she thinks I shouldn't bother for the VS, but VS parts etc are more complex and costly. Having said that, nothing may go wrong, bit if it does and it's costly item, any warranty company would try to wriggle before coughing as that's how they work.

I've even had some people say that if you see a used car for sale with a warranty, whether it's a main dealer selling it or an independent showroom, then it hints that the car had problems in the first 3-5 years, but if the car hasn't got a warranty, maybe it was problem-free. A bit like a relative of mine who just bought a 54 plate X5 with a main dealer warranty and he's had so much go wrong with it, which ok was covered by the warranty, but maybe that's why it was being sold with an extended warranty in the first place.

Thanks again,
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome