Join Date: Jul 2006
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,852 Posts
Re: Aftermarket Warranty for VS - What do you reckon?
A few important facts about warrantys;
- They fall into the following 2 catogories - Inclusion (where they list ALL the parts they cover), or Exclusion (where they list the parts they DON'T cover).
- Can you select the repairer? After all, its not convenient if your car is in for a service/mot and it needs to be put back together & transported somewhere else...
- Can the car be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations? Or does the warranty company set its own limits? I had a warranty with warrantyworks when I had my VS (accoding to its computer, my service intervals were 12,000 miles apart), but warrantyworks said 12 months/10,000 miles - so I had to get it serviced more often...
- Is consequential damage covered? Classic example being a cambelt snapping - the belt & tensioners may be covered, but what about the valves?
- Do they pre-approve the claim, or do you need to pay it first & then claim it back?
These are just some of the factors to take into account to ensure a fair basis for comparision.
This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater