Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio - mk2 - Fitting Roof bars

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th January 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio - mk2 - Fitting Roof bars

I've just bought a 2004 3dr Clio 1.5 dCi dynamique. What a great little car! I've also just joined the forums, and have found the advice great. Many thanks!

I'm looking for some advice about roof bar fitting (keen kayaker, so need roof bars!).

Above the rear windows, there are long and thin parallel plastic strips running along the edges of the roof. Are these removable? And are there gutters underneath for roof bar feet to slot into?

There doesn't appear to be any slidable 'windows' in them (like the megane's roof), and they don't seem like they want to budge at first look.

A quick search threw up a thread or two about this before, but there doesn't seem to be definitive answer, and the user manual is suspiciously quiet on the subject!

I know a set of Thule bars will just grip around the edge of the windows, but I'm never convinced about these and if I can get some that hook into real gutters that'd be perfect.

Many thanks!
Currently in d.e.hill's garage:
2004 Clio 1.5dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by d.e.hill
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio - mk2 - Fitting Roof bars Bodywork wayne neish 14 14034 7th January 2010 03:00 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome