Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Headlights and Driving In France

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 4th July 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Headlight protectors with the deflectors stuck on are the way to go.So much quicker and easier, and as you are driving at night you will find them invaluable. I have done this and you will find several threads on this forum about this. Some people will say don't bother, never seen a policeman, never been stopped etc etc. But for the sake of a few quid and being legal it is not worth the risk of a fine.
I bought my headlight protectors which came complete with 2 sets of stick on deflectors from protectyour headlight. They were genuine renault ones as well. The ones from the Renault dealers were only about £5-£6 more so if you are in a rush may be worth calling them.

The company I got mine from no longer appear to exist tho, just did a google search and whilst listed website doesn't work.
The protectors are made by EGR - (no reference to the egr valve either as the site wants to highlight this ( who make them for most car manufacturers anyway)), try a search for them.

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.

Last edited by SportTourer; 4th July 2006 at 11:01 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome