Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 2 - Diesel Purchase Advice

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 8th January 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Haree
Re: 1.5 diesel scenic

well I have driven all of the diesel scenics. The 1.5 DCI 80 BHP is available in base spec Authentique trim, Expression trim and Dynamique trim which I would go for. The 1.5 DCI 100 BHP is available in the same trim levels and I think the top of the range Privilege although this is rare on the 1.5 DCI's. The 80 BHP and 100 BHP DCI's fuel economy you will get a50mpg even if you drive it hard and performance is reasonable (the 100 BHP version is marginally better). From 2006 the 80 BHP engine was replaced by an 86 BHP EU4 engine and the 100 BHP engine was replaced by a DCI 106 BHP EU4 engine and has a 6 speed gearbox. At 70mph in 6th you are pulling around 2,500 revs which is about the same as my C3 Picasso diesel but in 5th. The DCI 106 is my top choice 1.5 engine in the renault range but if you can afford it the 1.9 DCI is far better in terms of performance. Hope this helps you.

Currently in Haree's garage:
I don't have a garage just a driveway. The Modus 1.6 16v VVT Dynamique Auto is my Grandparents car which I also drive.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome