Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Aftermarket Warranty for VS - What do you reckon?

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 8th January 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Aftermarket Warranty for VS - What do you reckon?

Originally Posted by hu88ertvelsat View Post
Cheers Paul, it's certainly given me some good food for thought. The terms & conditions of Warrantywise, whom my current very basic policy is with, seem to say that they don't cover any "worn" part under their wear and tear cover, which seems to contradict and defeat the object, so as you say, maybe I shouldn't be so keen on wear & tear cover as betterment etc may kick in.

Sorry to be a PITA but what would you all say is the average Renault main dealer hourly labour rate? I know I could call my locals but they all have switchboards etc and I can't be bothered holding for too long just to ask a 5 second question.

Are the following optional extras worth looking at?

- Airbag
- Air conditioning
- Emissions

Maybe the above 3 come under your "get the best policy you can for your vehicle" motto of Paul's...

Thanks Bewdley, your positive view of Warrantywise (well, just the fact the setup was fuss-free) makes me a bit more confident to stick with them.

I think I've shortlisted to:

- Warrantywise renewal with airbag, air con, sat nav/CD, emissions, but not wear & tear

- Warranty Direct (who say they cover 90% wear & tear, all electrics including sat nav & CD, MOT, airbag, emissions, etc, etc, for HALF the price of Warrantywise (?!? - maybe it's due to them not covering W&T for the first 90 days, and the fact I have to pay for any work upfront, then they, maybe, reimburse me)

- CSMA's car care warranty, which seems very basic but I'm told is good

- Tesco Finest (but they seem to no longer offer it).

If you do go with "Warrantywise", play hard to get. I ummed and arred 2 0r 3 times and got air conn, sat nav and air bags free.
Currently in Bewdley's garage:
2006 Laguna Sport Tourer Initiale 2.0L Turbo Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome