Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #128 of (permalink) Old 8th January 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Laguna 11 hesitation

Originally Posted by paddyflan View Post
Hi all

Lagua 1.9dci 53plate Privelege Tourer

I recently cleaned the ports to egr and replaced the egr to cure the problem of excessive black smoke from the exhaust. However 6 months on and another problem has arisen. While driving along the motorway I gently started to accelerate when the engine started to die (no warnings) I pumped the accelerator a few times and it cleared. 20-30 miles later and the same again, repeated the procedure and all was fine, 20-30 miles and the same again, this carried on for the 360 mile journey.

It was almost like the engine was being starved of fuel or air or something was sticking.

Has anyone else experienced this problem
I also have this problem, mine seems more random, it can happen several times in quick succession, or I can drive for hundreds of miles without it happening at all. Can anyone tell me if this is the same issue as discussed in this thread? I have not yet cleaned the EGR but I will, I would just like to know if there is anything else I should be looking at. I have a 200 mile drive before I get home, should I be advised not to drive or just clean it when I get back? Thanks in advance
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome