Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clipped a wall on drivers side, bumper hanging down, side wing needs replacing.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th January 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clipped a wall on drivers side, bumper hanging down, side wing needs replacing.

Hi everyone,

okay so my drive, you have to like reverse round a slight corner, and theres a stupid wall thats on that corner and i clipped it the other week.
The damage to the wall was more apparent to the car thank god. However i'm dreading to find out how much it will cost to get my cars bodywork on the front side sorted. So i figured i'd ask here.

You cant really see from the photo but basically, all the lights are fine, none got broken. Its just that side of the bumper has come out of place, i've had it stuck back into place with gaffa tape since then, which has been doing the job fine. Its not scratched or dented or anything, i just want to know if i took it to a garage would they want to replace the whole bumper? or would they be able to find a way to secure it for me?

Also the side front wing panel has been scratched and cracked, so i'm looking to replace that. I've seen parts on ebay from car part dealers that go for around 15-20 for that panel in dark blue 1998-2000 so i think this is what i need? Is it worth me buying the part myself then asking the garage to fit it? or will they charge me a ridiculous amount.
Currently in Jessnesss's garage:
Xreg renault clio
  5 Lastest Threads by Jessnesss
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Warning Stickers ? (silly i know) Interiors mord 2 1038 22nd October 2011 04:02 PM
Central locking not wired correct - drivers door Electronics Tolak 3 752 21st October 2011 05:22 PM
Hiya i need this part, how much would you recon? Interiors Jessnesss 2 1005 8th February 2010 04:51 PM
Clipped a wall on drivers side, bumper hanging... Bodywork Jessnesss 3 1565 9th January 2010 01:21 PM
Crazy Hazard light Electronics mord 1 988 9th January 2010 01:14 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome