Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #946 of (permalink) Old 12th January 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: BBC Watchdog report :: Faulty Renault Clio bonnet catches

Originally Posted by Karrie View Post
It happened to me at 70mph on the middle lane, sun roof shattered on my head, waiting to hear report from insurance garage, the people who did this investigation (VOSA) must have some sort of deal with Renault it's sick, I didn't know about the common fault which nearly killed me! Apparently letters have been sent recorded delivery which is complete balls and I may have to pay excess and lose no claims bonus of 5 years!!!!!!! Would they have done anything if I was not alive? Probably not, my car was serviced approx 7 weeks before!
What condition it your bonnet security in?

In your shoes, I might
[1] EMAIL Renault UK customer services so I can print their response that it is down to maintenance and that they have circulated instructions to their dealers to make sure that all bonnet security is in place and functioning correctly,
[2] add a copy of my last service invoice (provided it was done by a Renault dealership),
[3] plonk it on the desk of the general manager where I serviced the car
[4] demand full compensation
[5] send copies to Renault UK, to VOSA and to BBC Watchdog.

I have no idea how Meesh's case finished when it went to court(or if it did), so you might want to read her posts in this and similar threads.

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome