Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Vel Satis - Buying Advice

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 13th January 2010 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Vel Satis - Buying Advice

Hi guys,

Sorry it's been so long.

Good news - the bad condensation in the headlight cluster has cleared itself up, I'm very pleased.

Also got a great warranty from for only £245. It covers everything most likely to go wrong with the Vel Satis, so it's nice to know I'm covered, should the worst happen.

Saabguy: Are your headlight washers still available? I'd definetly buy them off you as mine are hopeless. Contact me with price etc. - thanks

I still haven't managed to get a Sat Nav disc, Oliver thanks for your advice, I'll look out for that one. I tried a Navteq one from a new Laguna but it said "Incorrect navigation disc".

Had a slight issue with the snow. I turned on the back wiper, without realising the screen was covered with snow, and there was a horrible snapping noise. The plastic on the spindle curves around the wiper arm, and stress must've been too much. The plastic snapped, so now the wiper is not supported enough to move and just pings off! Any advice on how to detach the spindle from the motor? Or where to get another?

You guys have been great so far, really glad there's such an excellent community supporting this unique car - I love it so much that I'm now on the lookout for an Avantime!
Currently in MéganeDynamique's garage:
Avantime 3.0 V6 24v Privilège Auto, Vel Satis 3.0 dV6 Initiale, Vel Satis 2.2 dCi Auto Privilège, Laguna II 3.0 V6 24v Dynamique, Mégane II 2.0 VVT Dynamique, Mégane 1.6 Auto Privilège+ Convertible, Clio 1.9 RT-D
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome