Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Vel Satis - Buying Advice

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Vel Satis - Buying Advice

Hi MéganeDynamique,

Really glad to hear your condensation has cleared up and you've got yourself a warranty you're happy with.

Sorry to hear about your rear wiper snapping. I'll leave the others to advise on that.

One of my headlight washer jets decided to protract itself whilst the car's been sat on the drive for 10 days, but it's gone in now of its own accord so was just due to the ice.

Re the Navteq disc you tried, I assume when you say a NEW Laguna that you mean the mewest shape that came out in 2006/7 and not the Laguna II from 2001+, in which case it makes sense why it didn't work, as the newer (2005+) models use the CNI2 version, but for the Vel Satis you need the CNI1 version. Here's a link to the one which worked fine in my car, but I'm not guaranteeing that it will work in yours:

If the link above doesn't take you straight to the UK 2010 version with TMC (traffic updates), just go to the main site and go through the options (Vel Satis, 2003, etc):

Also, being a proud Vel Satis owner myself (and a relative has one too!) I've been trying to organise a Vel Satis meet (and maybe stretching to Avantimes) for 2010, so if you want to vote your location and month preference, here's the link:

Arranging a Vel Satis Meet - POLL to Gauge Initial Response

What tyres have you got on by the way? FYI when you need any new tyres, you'll presumably need 245x45 R18 XL tyres, the XL being important as Vel Satises require Xtra Load tyres. I've got Continental Sport Contact 3's on the rear and Michelin Primacy HP's on the front, but there are cheaper brands out there like Kuhmo which I've heard are pretty good too.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome