Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Aftermarket Warranty for VS - What do you reckon?

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2010 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Aftermarket Warranty for VS - What do you reckon?

Afternoon Paul,

Hope you're well and having a good day.

I'm getting ever so closer to making my mind up regarding a warranty!

I called the local dealer and got their labour rate (90) and I've eliminated multimedia cover as it doesn't cover aerials and the limit is 500, I've eliminated alloy cover as it only pays if the wheel is rendered unusable and I've eliminated tyres as it doesn't cover tyres that are rendered unusable but which had 50% or less tread left on them anyway.

So that just leaves the cat. WarrantyWise's wording states:

"This pays for the replacement of your catalytic converter due to it failing to meet the relevant in-service manufacturer's emissions standards or MOT test.

Major Exclusions: Does not cover corrosion of the catalyst.

Claims Limit: This Policy Addition is subject to a claims limit of 500, including VAT unless You have paid the additional premium to remove this limit which will be noted on Your Policy Schedule."

I just wondered if you knew from experience/the forum how much a cat for the Vel Satis is likely to cost and whether it'd be more than 500 inc VAT and whether the fact the policy doesn't cover corrosion of the cat makes is not-worth-it?

Removing cat cover reduces the policy by 30...

Last edited by hu88ertvelsat; 14th January 2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Extra info
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome