Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #61 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2010
Adam Whitehouse
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Originally Posted by wazza99 View Post
Hi Folks time to update.

In response to last poster, my red and white wires were also too short to allow the resistor to come to the dash opening. In my opinion they seem to be clipped into a clip on top of the fan motor, a positive tug seems to pull them free, it did in my case. This allows at least another 6-8inch of wire to come through just enough to allow cutting and re-soldering of the pack. Now i admit i had a mechanic friend do the tugging, he seemed more confident !

As to my repair ? after doing all the dis-mantling and diagnosis i thought there was nothing to lose by calling Renault. Anyway they have been most helpful, although they would not commit anything until i took the car to a dealer to be diagnosed in principal they agreed to pay 65% of the suggested 235 cost at the dealer. Of course you have to agree to pay an 80 diagnostic fee ! which is waived if the repair goes ahead. So that would leave me a bill of around 85. So in my case i have taken it to the dealer, 100 i repair or 85 they repair.

I should point out my car is 1 month out of warranty and is not dealer serviced (independent) 33k miles.

So as of now it's in the dealer, just had a call, new quote for repair has shot up to 387.56 !! eeek !
Dealer confirms resistor and loom need replacing.

I thought here we go, i'm going to get stung !
No, Renault have upped their offer and now are paying 75% so that leaves me a bill of 96.89, ok only 4 quid less than what i could have done for but at least it's guranteed for 12 months and someone else's arms get cut to bits :-))

So all in all i'm pleased with Renault they have done the right thing i think in my case, so either way the repair can be done without removing the dash it seems or if you dont fancy call Renault, be polite, explain the situation and you never know they might just do it for the cost of the parts.
Hi wazza99

Who did you actually contact to get the repair so cheaply? Renault customer servies or dealer?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome