Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Track Days

Thread: Track Days
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th January 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Track Days

A few weeks ago I was in a friends garage where a car (Peugeot 306) was being prepared for a track day at an airfield.
I never took much interest in track days up to this point but it got me thinking that its something that I may like to do in the long term, I think it'd be enjoyable being able to drive fast, but in a controlled environment, where the risk I would say is far less despite the higher speeds then on a public road as its to a course. Of course I know speed isn't all there is to it, but other things like cornering round a track I think I would find enjoyable. I think it would also be good for improving a drivers skills and experience.
I noticed there were quite a lot of modifications on the car which I presume are standard for track use, such as a roll cage & racing seats, and I also noticed the door trims had been removed (also no back seat as the roll cage has to go there).
This particular car is road legal (it was driven away from the garage) but whenever it goes on a track day its taken on a trailer in case it breaks down while its there.

I wondered if any members had experience of track days, and what modifications you need to make if you say were to buy a road car for use on the track, rather than just buying a current track car.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Currently in a2000's garage:
1999 Clio Alize 1.4
  5 Lastest Threads by a2000
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
99 T Clio Alize Locking Problem Bodywork madnoel10 1 1204 16th March 2010 09:51 PM
Removing "Stuck On" & Glued Number... Bodywork madnoel10 2 4715 8th February 2010 08:36 PM
Track Days Cars & motoring a2000 5 1565 15th January 2010 12:44 AM
99 T Clio Remote Electronics Hopless 1 1042 11th January 2010 09:20 PM
Renault Clio 1999 T Mileage Backlight Electronics Prestige_Decodes 7 3186 10th January 2010 11:06 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome