Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Re: Track Days

Hi a2000,

I agree with everything Marty says above and you won't know until you try it,

Before you go out spending on a car unless your going to use your every day car which most do ask your friend for an outing the next time he is out as a passenger and as a driver if he doesn't mind and see where you go from there,

The cheapest way forward will be to use your everyday car but there is always the risk that something might happen to it like it breaking down or even having an accident and you will be stuck at the track on track days but thats the risk you take and alot of people do it,i have and still do but using a car just for track purpose your going to need a car thats is able to tow it and the trailer and there are legal requirements before you can even do this,now you could convert and tune your everyday car bordering it on the road legal side but if you know whats what you will still be able to do most things you need to do it to make it a reasonable track car but still road legal,if you think about it like this all rally cars you see at rallies are still road legal and need to be mot'ed but don't forget there will also be insurance implcations to this and if your young can cost you but there are insurance companys out there that will insure the car as a track car but still road legal,

If you would rather go for a car that has already been prepared for track use prepare to pay for it as most can be silly money so you would be cheaper doing the work yourself if you have the skills,tools and a place to do it,if your only going to use it as a track car thats not road legal it will need to be scrutineered by a team at the track that you will be using at a small cost to have it checked that its fit to use but like i said before if you go that way you will also need a trailer and a car that can legally tow bothand a place to store them

Iam not expert and i don't pretend to be but i hope that helps a little all the best Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome