Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grabbing Brakes

Thread: Grabbing Brakes
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 17th January 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Rancour

Originally Posted by Megnom View Post
Thank you for your greeting
I have taken on board the advice given. It is as I thought a possible corrosion on brake pads or discs.
My problem is that I purchased car as new with 11k on clock, supposedly demo car and company runabout, price reflected this but assured it would be as new?
I have been back to garage for this problem but of course by then the grabbing has stopped. I suppose I could leave car outside garage for 2 hours to produce effect.
I will not allow my wife to drive it as I fear she would panic at first hint of problem, --and I value her as a wife she has no S/H value having served me well for 51years !!!
I may have the pads replaced and pay up.
I bought a 1999 Megane scenic a few weeks back and I noticed the servo assitance is much greater than other cars and it took a while to get used to it, A few cars ago I bought a second hand Peugeot which had good disks and pads but it had been standing undriven for ages and when I first drove it the brakes were similar to yours, just surface rust on the disks which soon setled down. unless the pads are worn there is no point replacing them. I take it you mean the brakes seem to go hard on with a gentle application?

Best of luck
only driving since about 1973
Currently in OLD 2.0 SCENIC's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome