Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Interiors - Sports Tourer rear tailgate switches - A how to + fix !!

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 17th January 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Interiors - Sports Tourer rear tailgate switches -

Originally Posted by XTRO View Post
I've attached a picture of the offending article, water gets in around the seal. Its easy enough to fix as follows;

1. Open the tailgate using a srewdriver to slide the small switch across next to the catch.
2. Remove the interior felt panel covering the the back door. (to get the handles of lever them out from the curved side, they then easily clip out).
3. Unclip the door switch using a screwdriver to lever it out.
4. Dry and clean it out and use a fine emery cloth to clean the contacts, you can easility see by pressing the switch which contacts are made.

Job done
Can someone tell me where the bit in XTRO's picture actually is? I have two black switches that I've pushed out from the tailgate (one for glass opening, one for boot opening) but neither looks like this. Or is the pic of a bit inside one f
of these switches?

I've had the same probs with my tailgate staying locked. I opened up the trim and found that the drain pipe had come away from behind the wiper motor and water had beenseeping onto the two switched mentioned above. I used some wd40 and sealant to keep future ingress at bay, and it seemed fine. However, 6hrs later I opened the boot to get something out, shut it and now find that once again it won't open.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome