Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Bodywork - Wiper blades (getting the right ones)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th September 2005 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Bodywork - Wiper blades (getting the right ones)

I just thought I'd mention this in case anyone else is in a similar situation.

The 2000 Laguna estate I got recently has needed a new rear wiper blade, it was leaving the glass very streaky even though the blade looks quite new. The one fitted was a Bosch blade (13"), so I went for the same.

I got one at Halfords at first while on holiday and it was just as bad. On looking at the new blade more closely the profile of the blade was a lot deeper causing the blade to catch on the spoiler near the high level brake light and lifting the blade off the glass. The original Bosch one was a much sleeker profile. So I took it back, but they had nothing else suitable (it was listed as the right one in the wiper guide book).

I've tried another one today from the motor factor we all use at work, same thing except this time the pin the wiper arm attaches to was too thick as well (this was a Bosch wiper again too). So it seems there are different types of Bosch wipers out there.

The wiper blade clips directly to the wiper arm, you don't use a fitting kit like on other types.

So I went to another motor factor. This guy seemed pretty clued up on wipers and said he thinks the Laguna uses a plastic blade, and has more of a curve than the Bosch one. He asked if it was a plastic arm, I said it was, and that the glass it quite curved, as I was thinking was it not contacting the glass through the full sweep.

He brought out a Valeo blade (same as factory equipment), and it fitted on perfect. I said it was unusual to see someone selling Valeo ones, and it was the first time I'd come across it. He said they normally do sell Bosch, but there are a few cars you need to get the Valeo ones for. He said they don't stock them routinely as they're more expensive so people don't buy them. It was only a fiver though, so not bad.

So bear in mind if changing the rear wiper blade to get a Valeo one to be sure it fits the curvature of the glass properly.

Currently in HD462's garage:
2000 Renault Laguna 1.9dti estate

Last edited by selwonk; 13th April 2006 at 07:36 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by HD462
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
general feedback Feedback & Announcements leroy 18 2732 14th November 2005 06:11 PM
Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Bodywork - Wiper... Laguna Dark Jupiter 9 5892 9th September 2005 08:20 PM
Remote central locking tip when locked out Electronics Horatio 27 5891 6th September 2005 09:19 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome