Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Electronics - How to replace passenger side headlamp - New shape Scenic

View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old 18th January 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic - Electronics - How to replace passenger side headlamp - New shape

Originally Posted by bmwsiman View Post
Just a quickie - I couldn't locate a cut-out for the wires to pass through under the rubber cap. Do the headlamp feeds originate from inside the rubber cap or, outside and pass through a gap? Can't believe that even Renault would be daft enough to run wires over the rim where they'd rub! (No, second thoughts, I take that back).

Not being able to see what you're doing (even with mirror & torch) is not usually too much of a handicap, but I'm blowed if I can figure this one out.

Any thoughts appreciated.
The headlight feed wires are inside the head light, the rubber cap then covers the hole. When I did mine, I found that I could manage better, by removing the battery cover, & then removing the battery holding clamp. This enabled the battery to be moved slightly, to gain better access to the headlight, but without disturbing the battery terminal connections.
If you find my user ID from the community list, I posted details of this task, last month, which you may find useful. (I don't know how to drag them onto this page, I'm a bit computer illiterate!) Regards, Tokeballs.
Currently in Tokeballs's garage:
Scenic Rush, 2004, 1.5 diesel & Mk2 Clio 1.2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome