Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Kangoo (manual) door locks, not unlocking!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th January 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Kangoo (manual) door locks, not unlocking!

I have had a problem with the lock on my Kangoo passenger door for a while (note, this is not central locking. Just the old fashioned key in the door).

When I try and unlock the door, the key meets its "biting point", but then seems to loose purchase, and turns without opening the door.

This was an annoying problem, but now the drivers door is doing it too. I need to fix this!

Today, I pulled of both door panels for a look, and assumed that the linkages/levers were dry/corroded. So, I sprayed liquid grease over the parts I could see. The lock mechanism is noticably smoother now, and the key occasionally unlocks the door. But sadly not enough to rely upon.

So, my question is... Is this a known issue, is there a simple fix?

I also wondered if there was a part that needed replacement, as I could imagine that something has worn down.

Anyway, all help most welcome.

Currently in Furgoneta's garage:
Kangoo 1.9D van, Citroen C1, Seat Marbella, KTM 640 Adventure
  5 Lastest Threads by Furgoneta
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Kangoo (manual) door locks, not unlocking! Bodywork Furgoneta 4 2422 19th January 2010 01:38 PM
Is this Bosch oil filter OK? Engines Furgoneta 2 1743 29th November 2009 12:56 PM
1.9D EGR in 2 pieces! Engines Gogslad 4 1748 29th November 2009 11:00 AM
Supplier for glow plugs for my Kangoo? Engines levski 8 1862 18th April 2009 11:13 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome