Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio II - Electronics - TDC sensor

View Single Post
post #65 of (permalink) Old 22nd January 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio II - Electronics - TDC sensor

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum but have been reading this thread as I am having the same kind of intermittent starting problems. Starter motor cranks the engine but it will not spark.

These started on Christmas eve when the car refused to start, AA guy came out and eventually said it was the Crank Shaft Sensor( TDC ) that needed replacing. I left it and tried it again on Boxing day and it ran fine.

I then left it for a few days and low and behold it would not start again. I then left it for a few more days and it started again and drove ok for a couple of days until it decided to fail again at work. Another AA guy said that it was most definately the Crank Sahft Sensor( TDC ) so I replaced this and it worked fine for a week. I was then off work for a couple of days and not driven the car, when trying to go back to work the car decide to not start again.

AA guy reckons to check the wireing as it is possible wiring fault between the TDC and the Coil .
Any ideas on what and where to check as I will be undertaking this this weekend and don't really want to remove the wiring loom if I don't have to. Any ideas as to what voltage etc I should be seeing ad where to check would be a great help.

P.S. Sorry for the long essay.
Currently in satandave's garage:
1999 Renault Laguna RT Sport 1.8 16V
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome