Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 2 - Watchdog Report On Failing Dashboards

View Single Post
post #45 of (permalink) Old 22nd January 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Red face Re: Renault Scenic 2 - Watchdog Report On Failing Dashboards

Originally Posted by RUK_Response View Post
Hi Katie

Renault aims to provide the best possible service to its customers and is concerned that some owners have experienced problems with the Scenic II instrument panel losing the display. This model was launched in 2003 and, since then, 159,000 have been sold in the UK.

We have investigated these cases of the instrument panel losing the display and found that they chiefly relate to 2004 and 2005 Scenic II models. These vehicles are now outside the standard manufacturer three-year warranty but we will help customers to have a new replacement instrument panel fitted to their vehicle, in the event of a failure, within the Renault UK Dealer network for 100.

We also invite any customer who has already paid more than 100 for this repair in the Renault UK Dealer network to contact Renault Customer Services to discuss a refund of the difference.

Any customer concerned about his or her Renault Scenic II should contact Renault***8217;s Customer Services team directly on 08000 72 33 72, or by email at .
I have a 2004 Megane Scenic and the trip information on the display panel resets when I turn the engine off. The clock resets back to 00:00 and all the mpg, trip distance, mph, fuel used, range etc goes back to 0.

Is this the same problem you are discussing here and, if so, does the 100 offer still stand? If it does still stand, will my local dealership be aware of it?
Currently in tridestra's garage:
2004 Megane Scenic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome