Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - can i fit/replace my Clio bumper myself?

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 24th January 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: can i fit/replace my Clio bumper myself?

just want to say thankyou to all who posted to help on this thread, you are all most kind.

the new bumper was so filthy i got all my clothes and hands dirty when i just picked it up and moved it.

so i decieded to just pay the garage to fit it, along with mot and service.

total cost was 500 for mot, service, bumper refit, and new headlamp. they seem trustworthy.

every year i spend several hundred on repairs and parts, is this normal for a T reg clio?? this is my first car, so i dont really know if this is the norm or if it would be better if i sold it while it still works and get a better car, eg upgrade a little bit.

the airbag warning sign has always been on the dashboard, so i might get that checked out, but i hear its difficult to pin point the fault, and garages dont even look forward to doing it, renault dealership even told me its so expensive and to find a cheap local garage to have a look.
local garage said worst comes to worst you could need a whole new steering wheel section, costing hundreds........ dont know what to do about that.

any advice? i should start another thread.

thanks anyway to all.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome