Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Water in rear storage boxes

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th January 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Water in rear storage boxes

Hi, I have a 2000 scenic mk 2, and in the last month I have noticed that my footwell rear storage boxes are soaking wet, to the point that I have a puddle in the boxes!
The false floor carpet is dry, and so is the carpets near the door so im guessing the water isnt getting in because of a bad door seal, the boot carpet is also dry so water isnt coming through the boot. I am in the process of checking the drain channels are free from blockage.

Ive looked underneath the car, and have seen what looks like a water drain plug in the area of the boxes. Is there a drain plug in the footwell boxes?

Any idea how water could be getting in to the boxes? I understand there are cables runnng under the boxes so I need to dry the floor before I have problems with electrics.

I noticed the other day that there was more water in the boxes after the day of rain we had!

Could the water be caused by excessive condensation due to the cold weather and snow we have had as I have a double sunroof?

I would appreciate an help you can give me. I have ooked through the haynes manual and to be honest it was of no help at all.

hope to hear from anyone who can help me!
Currently in welderboy's garage:
2000 renault scenic 1.6 16v
  5 Lastest Threads by welderboy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
mk2 scenic - Ocassional starter Engines planmeca 1 746 12th December 2010 07:56 PM
Over reving in winter Electronics welderboy 0 711 12th December 2010 07:40 PM
Water in rear storage boxes Bodywork welderboy 3 1209 24th January 2010 09:12 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome