Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Modus - Electric Window Problems

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 26th January 2010
Trevor Barton
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Modus - Electric Window Problems

I had the same problem with the little bit of blue plastic in the winding mechanism breaking. Mine (drivers side) went in a snowstorm (perhaps the cold weakened the plastic). Needless to say I was somwhat dischuffed as there was rather a lot of white stuff coming through the (now permanently open) window. I took the inner door skin off, ripped a hole in the door membrane (I couldnt see any neat way of removing it) & wedged the window shut with a length of wood.

I looked at this forum and, as the car is 3 yrs, 10 months old & has done 66K miles went to my least unfavourite Renault dealer to claim my free repair.

They wanted to charge £80 to investigate the problem - which they would waive if the fault was diagnosed as being suitable for an extended warranty claim.

They looked at the vehicle and decided that the fault was covered (they quoted 5 yrs & 90K miles for the extended guarantee period).

They replaced the driver & passenger side mechanisms as part of the same job and only charged me £36 to replace the door membrame which I had 'vandalised' (my pleas of being buried alive in snow at the time fell on deaf ears). Apparently they are able to remove & replace an undamaged membrane and so do not need to fit a new one (dunno how - the things look pretty well stuck on to me).

Anyway, all's well that ends well.

Btw: If you plan to rummage around inside the door as I did be aware that theres a lot of sharp edges in there - I now have a very impressive gash across one of my knuckles......
Currently in Trevor Barton's garage:
Modus 1.5 dci privelidge
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome