Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Modus - Electric Window Problems

View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 27th January 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Modus - Electric Window Problems

Since my last post I have been doing a bit of research. I came across a thread on a French Renault forum on the same subject and found a reference to a 'note technique No 0884A which refered to an OTS 0B00 - Further research turned up a copy of this technical note in English. It refers to 'loss of operation of a FRONT electric window' and says that if this occurs on certain vehicles (see below) that are under five years old and have done less than 93,000 miles then not only should the failing regulator be replaced, but the other side should be serviced or replaced.

So maybe we shouldn't be so grateful that Renault dealers are kindly replacing these regulators free of charge, they are only doing what they should, but haven't been telling anyone. For those of you who have been quoted lots of money to fix the problem it may be worth checking whether your vehicle is likely to be covered by this - I for one am bl**dy anoyed, as my wifes car is one of those that is covered.

which cars are covered is a bit complicated because it depends on the build numbers, but you need to look at the fourth to seventh character of your VIN (on a lable on the central door pillar about level with the drivers seat)

If characters 4-6 are FP0 and character 7 is C,D,E,T,G or K

If characters 4-6 are JP0 and Character 7 is 1,2,3,8,A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,J,K,P,S,T,U,V or Y

then it is likely that this technical note applies to your car, but it looks as though Renault dealers won't admit to it (at least that seems to be the French experience and is bourne out by the experience of people on here.
Currently in poetnigel's garage:
Renault Modus 1.5
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome