Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #130 of (permalink) Old 29th January 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Cool Re: Thanks!

Originally Posted by adrianomeara View Post
Just a quick note to say thanks for all the info on the EGR sensor. My lag developed the 'sluggishness' last week and I was worried, put a search in on here and came across exactly what to do.

Took me a while to find a post that I could see how to take it out, the pictures helped.

Took me about an hour and a half in total to do it and that's from start to finish and starting the car. It was a little difficult to get out, but a few taps with a hammer and screwdriver, and loads of wd40 a few wiggles and twists and it came out. I was a little confused that it didn't rotate through 360, like I read.

The car runs much better now and the cost was:
3.99 for comma carb cleaner
2.34 for some WD40 (I'd run out)
14p for Tesco Value toothbrushes
37p for some cloths
And that's it!

By the way I only had a few small spanners and not a socket set, and I haven't done any work on a car in years, so was a little apprehensive (especially with a newer car).

Oh, and only one scraped knuckle too!!
Hi there where are the pics that show you what to do and what to hit,when taking out your egr ?.i dont want to hit the wrong thing.gary
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome