Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - non opening clio door

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 31st January 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: non opening clio door

Originally Posted by smutty View Post
don't know if this has been asked before, can't find a thread if it has, my daughters 't' plate clio is due for test, but the o/s rear door refuses point blank to open,

neither of the door handles will open the door, the central locking motor can heard operating and every other door functions normally.but this one refuses to budge

now obviously as the door will not open i can't remove the door card to get to the lock ing mechanism.

anyone had the same fault if not anyone got any sensible suggestions for a remedy
Hi Smutty,

I knwo this doesn't help, but yes I have the same problem with 1996 Megane, on the very same door.
I have managed to remove the door card, but access to the lock mechanism is limited at best.
It is difficult to see what linkage you could leave to try and open.

I've coated all linkages with WD40, with a hope that this will release it in the next couple of days.
If not I expect I shall have to attack it from inside with Dremel, and cut what I can away until it opens, but like you I'm hoping for som less barstorical methods.

Hope this gets you a little further.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome