Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Buying my first french car!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st February 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Buying my first french car!

I'm 28 and I've owned about 30+ cars and motorbikes so I've had my fair share of marques but I've NEVER owned a french car, infact I've always avoided them like the plauge!

My weekend toy is a V8 and does about 15mpg so its just not suited for the commute to work and my current daily car is a Zafira but it costs just as much to tax as the V8 and at best I get 30mpg! So I decided to look around for something cheaper to run.. A friend of mine was selling a 2005 Megane 1.5dci and I couldnt believe the 35 (soon to be 30) tax bill and the fact it had such good economy and it isnt the slowest thing on the planet

So.. Am I taking a massive risk buying french? Will I regret it? Or are all the tales of woe and expense just an old wives tail?

Cheers guys
  5 Lastest Threads by DaveyLC
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2005 Megane 1.5dci cold start problems Engines DaveyLC 1 1882 7th February 2010 01:57 PM
Buying my first french car! Cars & motoring DaveyLC 12 1652 1st February 2010 08:14 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome