Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #66 of (permalink) Old 2nd February 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

I note your concerns with interest. i am looking in to getting a more satisfactory reply from renault myself & have passed my concerns about the potential dangers of parts melting behind the dash (?!) to contacts at the bbc & the legal team I work with. (i smelled burning not long before my heater fan stopped working recently.) i'm sure i read somewhere of a renault catching fire because of this?

Renault local garage & customer services both admitted to me it was a common fault & costly to get repaired (well done to those of you who DIY'd - I'm really impressed! Pics were great too!)

it may not ingratiate me to renault or this forum to mention this here, but i think our safety & that of our families outweighs any potential PR disaster!

i hope i can post this thread, i am new to this forum & do not yet know the etiquette or the closeness of the links to renault themselves.

time will tell... if i am still allowed here this time next week i will let you know how i got on.

Currently in abin's garage:
Scenic 2006 1.6 Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome