Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - what else could go wrong - do I sell now?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th September 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question what else could go wrong - do I sell now?

You may have seen my recent thread on the new turbo and smoke issue
(happy ending though)

Please have a look at the following catalogue of events on my Laguna 2.2 Initiale tourer

In its short, three year, 44,000 mile history, the following has happened.

1.Within a year, part of the exhaust required replacing after the weld between the front element of the exhaust and the mid section blew.

2.Within a year of that, a noise from the engine revealed itself to be the gearbox ‘s 5th and 6th gears failing and a new gearbox had to be being fitted over several days.
Whilst this was carried out (alongside the 36,000 mile service) the battery was disconnected by the dealer, resulting in a brand new dash being required and fitted as a separate piece of work. The dash had reset to French and could not be modified back to English.
I now have a car showing only 8,900 miles and a letter to explain this for when I come to sell the car – potentially affecting its value.

3.Within a few months of that, whilst travelling late at night in Dorset, the car broke down, requiring a tow from the AA to the dealers to have three of the four injectors replaced over several days.

4.Within a few months of that, excessive smoke from the exhaust was identified to be down to failing plugs (I understand) and again the car was garaged for this to be completed.

5.Within a few weeks of that and a couple of days before it was three years old, the Climate Control LCD panel developed a fault and had to be replaced, again requiring it to be garaged.

6.Within four weeks of the car being three years old, the car has just again, broken down , due to a faulty injection sensor that required the car to be garaged and a new sensor fitted.
At the dealership, I was also advised the car was subject to recall on the injection system for a software upgrade – but I have not received a letter advising me of this to date

This month a new turbo has been fitted along with another injector

Whats left on the ticking time bomb that is renault reliablility?
Can I , as I do every time I drive it away from the garage say "well that's it fixed - what else could go wrong?"

From the Forums experience, what else should I expect - should I trade it in (for a non renault if I do) or can I now feel confident that that is it - nothing left on the car likely to go wrong ?????
Fabes the uncertain
Currently in Fabes's garage:
sold the most unreliable cars ever owned - Good bloody bye to them
  5 Lastest Threads by Fabes
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane - indoor pool Interiors Fabes 6 2349 26th October 2006 04:50 PM
rotating wheels on a Lag 2 Wheels & tyres Lagdti 11 2219 11th August 2006 03:39 PM
Can I calibrate reversing sensors? Electronics Fabes 2 1332 19th July 2006 12:01 PM
Recall - Renault Laguna II EGR today Engines mr.ed 5 2368 14th June 2006 08:13 PM
Parking sensor failure L2 Electronics SportTourer 1 1336 20th May 2006 05:12 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome