Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacing a Laguna II window regulator

View Single Post
post #43 of (permalink) Old 5th February 2010
Re: Replacing a Laguna II window regulator

Originally Posted by mikejep View Post
Hi - I've got an odd one here:

My motor has blown on the drivers window regulator. When it rains, water appears to drip down the lefthand side of the mechanism and straight onto the motor and controller.

Apart from the fact that the whole regulator was only replaced 3 months ago by my local garage (who deny any culpability!), the mechanism is still good - so I just need a motor for the repair.

Can't seem to find any 6 pins on ebay (why are they called 6 pins when mine has a connector with about 20 on it?)

Does anyone have any ideas where I can get just a motor? Cheers Mike
If you check the forum you'll see my post regarding the driver's side window mech.
Basically there are 3 types 2pin 6pin and 29pin but all the motors are the same and can be interchanged. The 29 pin type has the seat position sensor unit builot in that's why so many pins. To change a motor just lift the lugs holding the regulator box onto9 the motor body and slide off you will then see that the motor is connecrtd by just 2 pins anyway. Fitting a new motor is simply slide it onto the reg unit till the lugs secure it and job done. Perhaps you could wrap a plastic bag around the motor to stop water ingress.

Just as an afterthought - i tried to buy a driver's side mech from a main dealer (big one in Cardiff) who's mechanic said there was no such article as a 29 pin type despite the fact that I showed him several pictures of the actual unit fitted to my car -so consider it lucky you got yours changed anyway!!!!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome