Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 04 plate grand scenic 1.9dci 120,120.000 miles

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 5th February 2010 Thread Starter
rich may know
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation Re: 04 plate grand scenic 1.9dci 120,120.000 miles

Originally Posted by rich may know View Post
so far this car has had problems,but im trying to find out if these cars are prone to the following faults ,with a view to challengeing renault sbout them!!!!

the faults so far,

main crank went,

turbo was refurbished through aet turbos a garrett , but packed up after 10 miles replaced with scrapper but locally refurbished,and booster re set to correct values,

lcd display repaired cluster repirs uk ,good value for money ,then refunded by renault,
starter trigger wire became loose 200.00 renault,

blower stopped, been told by renault 425.00,to repair, wiring melted,i think this may be a faulty parts problem .as there appears to be a renault mod to this problem ,so is it known about !!!!!
anyone else heard of this ????

oneother thing wet underfloor compartments ,?is this also your prob !!!,

the internal brain has been seen to be corroding wonder if this also is a damp problem behind the dashboard ???

have you had similar problems/experiences ,or have i been very unlucky

ta for reading ,any comments rich
up- date to above
renault wont fix heater resistor burnig wiring loom fault [as known by renault technicians],
took matter to arbitraton service.they only deal with warranty problems ,
so now in hands of vosa and bbcs watchdog ,awaiting to see if they get in touch with me on the common scenic heater blower fault [nothing to do with fuses or pollen filters] this melting/burning smell is also visable[ if you get the fault but only if inspected in the area behind heater controls next to resistor connector
Currently in rich may know's garage:
scenic megane 11 ,04
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome