Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - Service Intervals*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 5th February 2010
Scottish Wildcat
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Espace - Service Intervals*FIXED*

For what it's worth, I'd stick to 12000 miles max for servicing and even change the oil every 6000 miles on turbo models.
We are now on our third turbo , the last issue was caused by the oil return pipe from the turbo getting clogged due to lack of servicing - we stuck to the 18000 miles as directed by the dealer.
To cut a long story short, the oil was still being fed at high pressure to the turbo but as there was effectively nowhere for this to go it eventually burst the turbo oil seal with the biggest cloud of smoke I have ever seen from a car!!
this is in reference to the 2003 MkIV Grande Espace 2.0T model, not diesel but all the same I'd practice caution to avoid a 1500 repair bill(independant garage as renault quoted 2000+ for the same job)
Currently in Scottish Wildcat's garage:
2003 Renault Grande Espace IV Privilege, 2003 Landrover Discovery TD5 ES Premium, 1998 Nissan Patrol GR Touring, 1998 Renault Safrane 2.5 Executive, Honda CBR1000FL
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome