Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - CLOCKSPRING (aka "rotational connector!") *FIXED*

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 6th February 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: CLOCKSPRING (aka "rotational connector!") *FIXED*

Hard luck mate! I know nothing about other Renault models. As a matter of interest, does the steering wheel and control column of your Scenic look the same as a Megane 2 of the same era? Would they be interchangeable?
Keep trying ebay . There are several "national" breakers advertising regularly and have a large turnover of salvage. There is a big one near Peterborough, can't remember the name. The only drawback is that the guys at the salvage places are fully aware of the cost of new parts and charge accordingly. The module is quite large and requires a large box for posting. It won't go through your letterbox!
I attach a foto. Does your module look like this? Note the white tape at the top - that's the clockspring. If fits inside the round housing. They always break at one end.

Saxo did you say? As well as the family Megane (dtr no 1) I also look after the family 206GTI (dtr no 3). The Meg has caused me far more aggro in one year than the PUG (which is 10 years old) has in 5!!!
I'm constantly on edge wondering what will go wrong next.....
cheers, Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	renault steering module.jpg
Views:	1627
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	9249  
Currently in triumph2.5man's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome