Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Colour Code, Help!

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 8th February 2010
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Re: Colour Code, Help!

Personally speaking, if the car (in pre-collision condition) was only worth 400-500, then its not going to affect the value much in its current (damaged) condition.

I would keep doing online searches for a bonnet of the correct colour, and if one pops up at the right money, then go for it - they are easy enough to fit (with an extra pair of hands).

I presume this was a 'drive-away' accident (i.e. no details were left?).

If it helps, some bodyshops/smart repairers may paint the bonnet for circa 100, especially if the prep work is done beforehand (which wouldn't need a garage).

But TBH, its your decision what you choose to do (only you know) whether the car is worth it, how deep your pockets are, and how much hassle you are willing to invest.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome