Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #75 of (permalink) Old 9th February 2010
simon davies
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

I am new here and I have experienced the same problem with the resistor pack. About a week after buying the car fan position 2 stopped working then over the cause of the next two years I was left with only position 4. Of course this happened during all the snow!!! I removed the resistor pack (through the hole on dash- great tip aahbarnes), took the plug off the wiring loom. Yesterday I got round to connecting it all up again without using the connector block and hey presto I have the fan back 100% I really didn't expect that. I know thee is an issue with the connector plug, however it lasted five years. Perhaps the plastic is not sufficent quality and it degrades with time- just a guess. Anyways my plan is to try and source a replacement connector block and put it back together. I will first wrap insulation tape round the terminals if space allows. I will let you know how I get on and if I find a supplier I will post it here.
Currently in simon davies's garage:
Renault Scenic II Toyota Hiace Super Custom
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome