Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Xenon Headlights - Discussion & how to change out

View Single Post
post #89 of (permalink) Old 9th February 2010
Prof Peach
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Xenon Headlights - Discussion & how t

My story..... Nearside Xenon not working and after reading a lot on here about ballast and water incompatability issues, thought I would have a closer look. I took the car through a drive through wash the other night. Next day I noticed the light out.

When I had a look, I noticed the cover was missing from the back of the Xenon so assumed water had gotten in. Didn't use the car for a couple of days and noticed a lot of condensation inside the lense.

I bit the bullet and removed the headlamp (without removing the bumper) and poured out a cup of water. The ballast was sitting in water so took her out and dried it off.

As I was short on time, I have put her back together but no joy. Now I know the layout, I will strip her again and dry everything indoors before re-assembling. Lack of work and lack of funds mean I will need to try a dry/repair before buying any parts.

ps...Would anyone have a spare cover for the light rear?
Currently in Prof Peach's garage:
04 Laguna II 2.2 dci Initiale SportTourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome