Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Thinking of buying an 04 Grand Scenic 2, any advice ?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th February 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thinking of buying an 04 Grand Scenic 2, any advice ?

Hi there
First post so go easy on me

I have always had lease cars through my employer but have to hand it in because my partner has just started childminding and will not be insured to use the car when looking after kids (insurance is only for my business and SD&P)

I am therefore looking for a used MPV or 7 seater that she can use during the day whilst childminding.

I have 5000 max to spend and for that money it seems I can get quite a lot of car in a Grand Scenic compared to others im considering.

Does anybody have any advice good or bad on buying a used GS ?

I have searched through the forum and found a list of things I should check for but any other advice would be appreciated.

I will go for a Diesel, I think the 2.0 (or is it a 1.9) and have seen a fair few around an 04 plate with about 50-60k that are within my price range.

Obviously I would look for service history inc where possible a cambelt change.

The other cars im considering are:

SEAT Alhambra (prob around an 02/03 on my budget)
Fiat Ulysse (around an 04 on my budget)
Vauxhall Zafira

I would like to know how people think the GS would fair against the othe cars im considering ?
  5 Lastest Threads by bully74uk
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Thinking of buying an 04 Grand Scenic 2, any... Cars & motoring Haree 1 745 10th February 2010 06:40 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome