Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #414 of (permalink) Old 10th February 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

Hi everyone,

this going to be my first post on this very forum.

I've got a Vel Satis 2.2DCi with 02 plate and got more than 116k miles done. Like most of you I love to drive this car because of comfort etc., however I would like to know if you guys experiencing the same low mileage to gallon of fuel. You can find on ie. autotrader that this model should do on the motorway 48 miles to the gallon.
I'm driving every day about 30 miles to work and back. More than 80% on motorways. Half of each way I'm spending in traffic doing no more then 20 mph. However, when roads are not busy and you can drive properly I can't have more then 40 mpg - 2000 rpm , 65 - 70 mph and 6th gear.
So far I've changed air filter, cleaned MAF sensor. New fuel filter and fuel treatment in the tank (injector cleaners, etc.). Tyres also equally "pumped" (I'm not native English language speaker) to 33 PSI.
So ... Is it something wrong with mine or just need to accept the fact that I can't do more than 40 mile to the gallon on the motorway.
Regards - Matt.
Currently in erte's garage:
Vel Satis 2.2 Expression Dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome