Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How much have you spent on your Renault this year

View Single Post
post #309 of (permalink) Old 10th February 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: How much have you spent on your Renault this year

Not exactly a year, but purchased car in September. 99 T Clio Alize.

So far, roughly 170.

Oil filter due to oil leak (which didn't actually solve it, it still leaks now and again so it must be something else), 15 to buy and 10 to fit by a friend who is a mechanic.

Idle Control Valve due to cutting out, 70 to buy, again my friend fitted this, which I paid him 20 for as it was a bigger job with some difficulty getting it on.

Light bulbs, when I bought it only one reverse light worked (for a few weeks I never realised, as I thought Clios only had one reverse light as with some other small cars, it wasn't until seeing a friends Clio that's the same as mine that I realised that they have two). Also a fog light bulb was out. I bought a set of bulbs for 3 and keep some in the car in case one goes.

Mileage & trip backlight, this failed, so a new bulb from Renault was 5, due to a local car parts company not having any. Got instructions from members on how to fit it but havent got round to it.

And finally the rear section of the exhaust, this broke (I suspect after driving over rough ground), causing a replacement of the rear section.

In answering the question though, as for 2010 nothing has been spent so far (touch wood).
Currently in a2000's garage:
1999 Clio Alize 1.4
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome