Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Legal limit for sun strip ??

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 13th February 2010
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Re: Legal limit for sun strip ??

Originally Posted by lauralouise View Post
Hi all, this is the 1st time ive done this but i need a bit of help got my clio 4 months ago and slowly making it look at bit better, i have just brought a blue renault sun strip and wondered if any knew how big it can be (depth) and i have heard that if the wipers touch the sun strip its ilegal and my wipers nearly touch the rubber at the top any advice??? thanks

Iam 100% sure if the wiper blades come into contact with it its too low and all mot stations should fail it,i have in the past had issues myself and if its the case we are only talking by about 1" i would say most testers would allow for that but don't bet on it,i have also in the past replaced the offending blade by buying a shorter blade pack...for example if you have 16" blades fitted you could replace them with 15"?? lets face it an inch is no big loss when it comes to the blades wipe stroke across the screen but on saying that i would not do it any more than that,

Hope that helps Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome