Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Mk2 rear door locking without battery

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 13th February 2010
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Re: Scenic Mk2 rear door locking without battery

Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
Hi madnoel

The central locking works fine, both using the key and from the dashboard switch.

What I would like to know is whether there is a way to lock the rear doors without using battery power (i.e. if the battery is disconnected, can I still lock the rear doors)?
The only way to lock the rear passenger doors and the rear hatch will be to have the battery fitted and you sitting in the car.... then trigger the central locking using the internal button then exit pulling on the driver door handle followed by then removing the battery and locking the drivers door using your key... the other doors should still be locked from you pressed the interior button...i think

Or you could lock the car up first with the bonnet open then remove the battery them close the bonnet,i think that should also work?although the siren might go off until you get the battery disconnected and will go off again when you re-fit it until you use the central locking key again

I guess you would like to do this so that the car is still secure so you can charge the battery overnight?

Cheers Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome