Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2006 Kangoo service light !!!

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 15th February 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 2006 Kangoo service light !!!

Originally Posted by thecanoegod View Post
Just had my card serviced in MAin Dealer in France on holiday and they couldnt turn the Spanner service light off. They dont have them on french cars. Went into my local dealer & they wanted 45 to reset it. Renault Uk dont want to know as I had my car serviced out of the Uk (Isnt it france where the cars are maid)

Anyway Does any body know how to turn off or reset the spanner light or is it a main dealer who has to do it. The instructions in the handbook dont work as i dont have the button on the end of my windscreen wiper stalk.

Unfortunantly as with most cars made from the mid nineties up you need a computer interface. Tell the system its been serviced so it will go out, but if you don't have one your stuck. If you want you can buy a handset for diagnostics, they are very handy but dont always work with all cars and software. The manufactuirer specific version is a stupid price.
Your left basically with two options, 1 pay the 45 and have them turn it out, which I wouldnt bother with as lets face it its just a light its not going to hurt anyone, or 2 simply wait untill your next service and it will be reset anyway. IE ignore it for a year.

Its not an MOT issue and if someone says it is go to a garage that knows what they're talking about as your in the presence of a Cowboy who doubless will want to chareg you the same 45 for whats basically 2 mins work.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome