Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Suspension probs

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th July 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Suspension probs

I have the rear suspension making excessive noise when we go over bumps...does anyone one know what it could be?
It gets worse... when i brake the car vibrates and shakes badly left and right.
And theres more.... it happens when i accelerate now.......... and last but not least......the worse thing is that when i was driving along i got a massive thud from under the chassis but checked the mirror as i was driving to see if anything was bouncing down the road and nothing seam out of placed. but when i started to drive the front off side drivers side seam a bit lower and when i got over bumps it rattles badly. I knew it had to be looked had but had no money. Then three days later i was coming up to a roundabout with the usual shakes... i got another thud with a added ching ching. I look to my right and there was something black matal bouncing past me. I got out to pick it up and think its part of the spring as it half a circular section of it. I popped into renault to find out how much for new ones. the y charge 95 +vat each and u have to buy a pair with the 62 an hour to fit it which they say will take a hour each side to fit.
I found out you can buy it for 52 each from my car parts supplier. Does anyone know if its a difficult job and a local garage can do it? i was planing to change the shocks at the same time. Any suggestions of a good type?
My car is a laguna II 2.2dci initiale.
Currently in burleigh's garage:
52 Laguna II 2.2dCi Tourer Initiale in dark met blue
  5 Lastest Threads by burleigh
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Arrrgh wifey puts petrol in my diesel Cars & motoring Lagdti 4 1301 8th August 2006 07:12 PM
The web Forum Feedback & Announcements 37 3394 29th July 2006 10:18 PM
Suspension probs Cars & motoring burleigh 2 1128 6th July 2006 10:47 PM
Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics -... Laguna asif786 16 20615 1st February 2006 08:36 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome