Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Changing headlight bulb in Megane II

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 17th February 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Changing headlight bulb in Megane II

Originally Posted by Doug Sinnott View Post
Why bother with all that?
When my side indicator bulb went,I got out my Haynes manual,followed their instructions,but even with the front wheel,and wheel arch protector removed,I just couldn't get the bulb out!No room for my clubby fingers!
In desperation,I went on the Internet,for further help,and was informed Halfords would do it for 3.99,plus the cost of a packet of replacement indicator bulbs@4.99.
I checked with my local Halfords,"No problem" they told me,so I took the car there,and they changed it in about 15 minutes!"Its a bit awkward this one",otherwise job done!
So now you know where to go next time!
Apparently Renault remove the front bumber,etc.,and charge you accordingly,so beware!]
I agree, we took ours to Halfords to replace a front dipped bulb. The last time cost us 40 + by a proper mechanic.I rang them first to make sure they could do it and they said "oh yes".
Now, it did take three of them to do it, but it only took 15 minutes and cost 9 for the bulb and 6 to fit, marvellous.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome