Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #80 of (permalink) Old 17th February 2010
rui jorge
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

Hello. I'm from Portugal and own a Scenic II 1.5dci 2004. About 2 or 3 months ago the clock and meter counter resets every time i push start. Last Monday, all the display switch off. I went to the local Renault dealer and he told me that it needs a new display. the cost: 750. He also told me he know a guy that should help me with my problem. so, this morning, i went there and he repaired the display for 125 and until now its working fine but it's still early to have sure. the guy give me a warraty and also that all the displays he have repaired so far no one repeat the failure. Another thing he told me: all the displays of Scenic II will fail.
Before i went there i tried to understand where was the problem. I pull out the display and analised the circuit board but i didn't see anything wrong. I think it's a very simple detail because the guy only take 30min. to repair it. That guy could be rich. Half an hour of work --> 125!!! He didn't told me what he has done, of course.
So if anyone knows the procedure, please share it with us.
Another thing: from monday until today the meter has more 5000 (+/-) Km without leaving the garage. only because i have pushed star a few times, when trying to understand the problem, so if you don't want this to happen, unpluged the display. if it's off with the failure, it doesn't mater to unplug it. the car works anyway. the technician told me that, so i went to his garage with the display unpluged.

Best regards.
Currently in rui jorge's garage:
Renault Scenic III 1.5dci 2010
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome