Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Lag 1 blocked sunroof drains

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 18th February 2010
Wendy C
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Lag 1 blocked sunroof drains

Originally Posted by Phonebox View Post
I've searched the forums but no joy. The drains are blocked but what's the best way to clear them. I've tried a straightened wire coathanger but it's not long enough to go all the way through and I'm not sure where the drainage channels emerge. Anybody got a tried and tested method they can suggest?
Yes, just sorted a Renault Scenic. I used a flexible plastic coated curtain wire. You'll need one about seven feet long to go right through. I also found that it was better to go from the lower end of the tube beneath the front wheel arch liners rather than try from the roof. Remove the two Torx screws from the liner and ease open. Where the tube exits the bodywork under the arch, the hole, in my opinion, is too small and tends to cause pinching. Straighten out the tube and insert the curtain wire. I got it to go right through to the roof. The back two can be done from the roof end. You can then also flush all four using a garden pressure spray by attaching a small bore windshield washer tube to it and use that to flush the four tubes after rodding out.
Currently in Wendy C's garage:
Renault Scenic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome