Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #109 of (permalink) Old 20th February 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

Hi guys,
How I wished I'd seen this forum before yesterday. My daughter bought her first car (03 Clio Dynamique) and the garage also had an 03 Expression (five door) and since my Micra is pretty old, I bought that one.

Driving home (about 20 miles) my daughter says the dynamique stalled at a roundabout and wouldn't restart. She was pretty sure she hadn't done anything to cause it to stall and she was panic stricken when it wouldn't restart. Cars beeping and swerving round her on a busy stretch of A1. When she rang me she'd stopped in a McDonalds carpark after getting it restarted and was afraid to go back on the road. She said she tried for ages to start it and didn't know why it suddenly burst into life again.
Anyway, it bothered her so much that she decided she'd rather have the Expression and drove to Manchester today. Drove brilliantly on motorway all the way then she parked at her boyfriend's and went in to get him to come and see her new car. She got in to move it and found that although engine started, pressing the accelerator didn't rev it - like it had no accelerator pedal at all - just nothing. Then she saw the squiggly warning light in the centre instrument panel - looks like a heart monitor and then an engine symbol at the far right of the speedo came on.
After the problems yesterday with the other Clio she was in a real state. Then, tried it again after a few mins and started fine although engine symbol still lit up.
We're now figuring that it's too separate problems. Her car has the throttle problem and ours the wiring loom problem?
Can't do much for her problem at the moment since she's away from home but going to take a look at our car tomorrow.
Knew we should have stuck with Nissan Micra - never had any problems with mine although it's over 10 years old now!
Anyone tried writing to Watchdog about these problems again recently???
Currently in clioproblem's garage:
2005 megane oasis estate 1.5dci and 2005 nissan micra
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome