Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna RT Sport 1998 - Remote Control

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 11th September 2005
Dark Jupiter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I had similar problem when I purchased my 99' Laguna. One rear passenger door would not lock and the remote would not function. I replaced the batteries in the remote but still no joy. I took the p.c.b. out of the key fob and cleaned all corrosion and dirt off with a tooth brush. I inspected the metal contact spring that the batteries sit on and found that this had been compressed to such an extent that it no longer touched the battery. I gently pulled this out so that it made contact with the battery again. Hey presto the central locking worked.

There was one exception though. The rear passenger door still did not lock. After playing with the remote and locking the doors several times it appeared that the door re-sequenced with the rest and all 5 locked. I have had no problems since. I surmise from this that the mech in the door was the main problem i.e. the mechanics not the electrics. I suggest that you remove the door panel and have a look at the mech. Possibly something in the mechanism has gone awry due to the manual lock being used while the remote was out of action. I have found the locking mech's to be of a very straight forward construction and it is not to difficult to identify where the problem. Typically the hardest part is getting the panel off.

Hope this gives you some food for thought.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome